Individuals and Families
If you’re an individual or a family the motivation to purchase Health Insurance is usually to provide peace of mind and choice. The NHS is a fantastic organisation which we are all rightly proud of. However, it is often under pressure and there can sometimes be delays in getting treatment, especially for non-life-threatening conditions.
Health Insurance can provide the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you have a choice. The ability to get a diagnosis and treatment quickly. A choice of who provides the treatment and where you have it. It also often provides other benefits that can just make life that little bit easier, especially if you have a busy lifestyle. Access to a remote or online GP service which provides a consultation with an NHS qualified GP within 24 hours, is both convenient and reassuring.
• Prompt access for diagnosis and treatment
• Choose when and where you are treated
• Cover for potentially lifesaving drugs not available on the NHS
• Increased comfort and privacy
For companies, the motivations can be similar to individuals, but often there are a number of additional reasons to consider Health Insurance. The most important asset for any business are the employees. Most companies, big or small, have people who they just can’t do without. That can be down to the skills they have or the years of knowledge they’ve built up. A well designed company health scheme can look after your key people, but it can also offer so much more for all employees:
• Reduced absence rates – Early diagnosis and treatment helps employees return to work -more quickly
• Better staff retention – Health Insurance is consistently considered one of the most valuable employee benefits
• Improved recruitment – Offering Health Insurance benefits makes a company’s brand stand out against competitors
• Employee engagement and productivity – Health Insurance packages often come with Health and Wellbeing support which helps encourage employees to be healthier, and can improve overall productivity
It is also worth remembering that every employee is an individual and has different needs. What we value and need in our twenties is
different to our fifties. A good Health Insurance scheme should be tailorable to the differing needs of different employees and can often be
introduced at a fraction of the perceived cost.